Monday, April 11, 2011

All What You Need - Is Just to Get the Right Mantra!

That is what I was thinking years ago when I was a medical student, looking around for a spiritual stuff of all kinds. My mind was confused. Once I borrowed a Bhagavad Gita book (translated and edited by hare Krishna movement) from my psychiatry professor. Inspired by the book I became vegetarian and started classical japa meditation with the beads reciting "hare Krishna.." As a result, in one year I lost quite a bit of weight combined with low hemoglobin level and very low blood pressure. Spirituality? I did not feel any changes, more aggressiveness towards non vegetarians - yes for sure. I stopped this.
I was about to try TM meditation, but few friends of mine who was too much into TM - died from different forms of cancer, few others were psychologically and socially very disoriented, and another thing, being a student with the limited budget I didn't want to pay for a mantra.
 So I became christian, I went to church, got baptised, became a part-time student of an Orthodox christian university (by correspondence). I was a god student, doing all the assignments. I liked one of them, regular reading of New Testament and evening prayers with your own words. Spirituality? Yes, I have got some "spiritual" experiences, but above all I became very aggressive towards all non Christians and non Orthodox. They thought us nicely how to compete and win in "spiritual discussions." I was quite successful in this and I was really enjoying how professionally I can defeat my opponents. Once I got into discussion with a man who was not arguing so much. It was easy to "defeat" him. But after this "victory" I got such an ugly feeling, that I hit someone hard with no reason at all. I realised that the guy was much more christian than me. Wow! Christ is not in the church, he is within us! That was a discovery.
Few old friends of mine began to practice Sahaja Yoga meditation, and with my christian attitude I was quite a pain for them, always arguing, questioning and bothering. I was impressed with two things: they didn't give up on me, and they never returned back my aggression. That was surprising and incredibly motivating for me to learn more about Sahaja Yoga Meditation. I went for the big International gathering on the shores of Volga river near Toliatti. The founder of Sahaja Yoga meditation movement Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi was there. One thing I understood about her: "She is not human". Humans cannot, for hours listen and watch all theese songs, poems, performances of different levels, give lectures and interviews and be all the time joyous and radiant. I liked the people around, they were confident, kind, respectful to each other, full of inner joy. Since then I began to meditate every day, and after few months started to feel cool breeze above my head and on my palms.
What about getting the right mantra? Most important here is getting the connection with the source, with the divine, that is manifesting as a cool breeze. Once you are connected you can easily distinguish between the right and wrong stuff trough your vibratory awareness.
Stay connected.
Feel Cool.

No comments: